Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs faces new sex trafficking charges ahead of trial

Last Updated: April 4, 2025By

  • Federal prosecutors have filed a superseding indictment against Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs, adding two new sex trafficking charges to his existing indictment.
  • The allegations claim Combs coerced a woman into commercial sex acts and transported individuals for prostitution from 2021 to 2024.
  • Combs’ legal team argues that the charges are based on consensual activities and are fighting to dismiss certain allegations.

Federal prosecutors have added two charges to Sean “Diddy” Combs’ indictment, expanding on allegations that the jailed hip-hop mogul engaged in sex trafficking as recently as last year.

A superseding indictment filed Friday accuses Combs of using force, fraud, or coercion to compel a woman to engage in commercial sex acts from at least 2021 to 2024.

The indictment, returned by a federal grand jury in Manhattan, also alleges Combs was involved in transporting the woman — identified only as Victim-2 — and other people, including commercial sex workers, to engage in prostitution during the same timeframe.

The new charges are in addition to racketeering conspiracy and sex trafficking charges filed against Combs when he was arrested in September. They increased the total number of charges against him from three to five.

Combs, 55, is scheduled to stand trial May 5. He remains locked up in a federal jail in Brooklyn. A message seeking comment on the new charges was left with his representatives.

SEAN ‘DIDDY’ COMBS’ LAWYER WANTS OUT OF SEX-TRAFFICKING CASE, SAYS CAN’T CONTINUE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

Friday’s superseding indictment is the second filed against Combs.

In the first, in January, federal prosecutors disclosed that their case involved at least three women whom they said Combs forced to engage in commercial sex acts. They also alleged Combs showed a firearm to a female victim during a kidnapping and once dangled a woman over an apartment balcony.

Combs’ January indictment didn’t include additional charges but modified some details of the existing ones, including adding four years to the alleged racketeering conspiracy. Prosecutors now say it started in 2004, not 2008 as the original indictment had alleged.

Sean Diddy Combs wears white cardigan

Sean “Diddy” Combs was charged with racketeering conspiracy, sex trafficking by force, fraud or coercion, and transportation to engage in prostitution in the indictment unsealed in September. (Munawar Hosain)

Combs denies committing any crimes and has pleaded not guilty to the first set of charges, which allege that he coerced and abused women for years with help from a network of associates and employees while silencing victims through blackmail and violence, including kidnapping, arson and physical beatings.

His arraignment on the new charges has not been scheduled. Prosecutors asked Friday that it be held at his final pretrial conference on April 25.

Federal prosecutors allege the “I’ll Be Missing You” singer and Bad Boy Records founder used his “power and prestige” as a music star to induce female victims into drugged-up, elaborately produced sexual performances with male sex workers in events dubbed “Freak Offs.”

DIDDY ACCUSER CLAIMS BEYONCÉ, JAY-Z WERE WITNESSES AT MIAMI ‘FREAK-OFF’ PARTY: LAWSUIT

Central to the case is a March 2016 video showing Combs hitting and kicking his then-girlfriend, R&B singer Cassie, in a Los Angeles hotel hallway. Prosecutors contend the assault happened during a “Freak Off.” Combs’ lawyers argue the footage was nothing more than a “glimpse into a complex but decade-long consensual relationship” between the two.

Combs’ lawyers contend the case should never have been brought and are fighting to dismiss a charge involving allegations he transported a male escort across state lines.

“The government has concocted a criminal case based primarily on allegations that Mr. Combs and two of his longtime girlfriends sometimes brought a third party — a male escort — into their sexual relationship,” Combs’ lawyer, Alexandra A.E. Shapiro, wrote in a February court filing.

“Each of the three charges in the case are premised on the theory that this type of sexual activity is a federal crime,” Shapiro added.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP


Source link

editor's pick

latest video

Sports News To You

Subscribe to receive daily sports scores, hot takes, and breaking news!